Welcome to my website
Cássio Cardoso Pereira
Welcome to my website
The Scientific Ink®
1. Pereira, C. C. 2022. Standing on one foot. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, in press.
2. Pereira, C. C.; Fernandes, G. W. & Cornelissen, T. G. 2022. The curious case of leaf-rolling nematodes. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, in press.
3. Pereira, C. C.; Fernandes, G. W. & Cornelissen, T. G. 2022. A double defensive mutualism? A case between plants, extrafloral nectaries, and trophobionts. Alpine Entomology, 6: 129-131.
4. Henriques, N. R. & Pereira, C. C. 2022. Lessons from a tropical deciduous shrub species: leaf fall can play a more important role than rain in leaf budding. Neotropical Biology and Conservation, 17: 239-251.
6. Pereira, C. C. & Fernandes, G. W. 2022. Cerrado Rupestre is not Campo Rupestre: The unknown and threatened savannah on rocky outcrops. Nature Conservation, 49: 131-136.
7. Pereira, C. C. & Fernandes, G. W. 2022. Cerrado conservation is key to the water crisis. Science, 377: 270-270.
9. Pereira, C. C.; Arruda, D. M.; Santos Soares, F. F.; et al. 2022. The importance of pollination and dispersal syndromes for the conservation of neotropical savanna fragments on ironstone outcrops immersed in an agricultural landscape. Neotropical Biology and Conservation, 17: 87-102.
10. Romero, G. Q.; Golçalves-Souza, T.; Roslin, T.; et al. 2022. Climate variability and aridity modulate the role of leaf shelters for arthropods: A global experiment. Global Change Biology, 28: 3694-3710.
11. Pereira, C. C.; Boaventura, M. G.; Cornelissen, T. G.; et al. 2022. What triggers phenological events in plants under seasonal environments? A study with phylogenetically related plant species in sympatry. Brazilian Journal of Biology, 84: e257969.
12. Pereira, C. C.; Novais, S.; Barbosa, M.; et al. 2022. Arthropod constructs and host plants. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, 103: e01971.
13. Pereira, C. C.; Novais, S.; Barbosa, M.; et al. 2022. Subtle structures with not-so-subtle functions: a dataset of arthropod constructs and their host plants. Ecology, 103: e3639.
14. Pereira, C. C.; Sperandei, V. F.; Henriques, N. R.; et al. 2021. Gallers as leaf rollers: ecosystem engineering in a tropical system and its effects on arthropod biodiversity. Ecological Entomology, 46: 470-481.
15. Mendes, G. M.; Silveira, F.; Oliveira, C.; et al. 2021. How much leaf area do insects eat? A dataset of insect herbivory sampled globally with a standardized protocol. Ecology, 102: e03301.
16. Pereira, C. C.; Boaventura, M. G.; De Castro, G. C.; et al. 2020. Are extrafloral nectaries efficient against herbivores? Herbivory and plant defenses in contrasting tropical species. Journal of Plant Ecology, 13: 423-430.
17. Pereira, C. C.; Santos Soares, F. F.; Fonseca, R. S.; et al. 2019. Ferruginous Rupestrian Savannah: a floristic and structural analysis of these rare environments. Neotropical Biology and Conservation, 14: 381-397.
18. Henriques, N. R.; Cintra, F.; Pereira, C. C.; et al. 2019. Indirect effects of ecosystem engineering by insects in a tropical liana. Arthropod-Plant Interactions, 13: 499-504.
19. Boaventura, M. G.; Pereira, C. C. & Cornelissen, T. G. 2018. Plant architecture influences gall abundance in a tropical montane plant species. Acta Botanica Brasilica, 32: 670-674.
© 2020. Cássio Pereira.